What is Jira Service Management JSM?
Jira Service Management (JSM) is an IT Service Management (ITSM) software solution based on Atlassian’s Jira platform that integrates effortlessly with Jira Software. JSM provides you with all the functionality you need for efficient incident, request, change, problem, release, and knowledge management.
JSM is ideally suited for small as well as for medium-sized companies or for large corporations and can be scaled effortlessly at any time. Originally, JSM was still called Jira Service Desk, which brings the software’s main feature into focus: simplifying the support process and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Jira Service Management allows organizations to define service level agreements (SLAs) to ensure service requests are handled within specific timeframes. It also supports the automation of recurring tasks and the creation of service catalogs for standardized service offerings.
Jira Service Management: Not just for ITSM
Initially, JSM was developed to facilitate the work of IT service teams and provide them with a comprehensive service desk. However, Atlassian quickly realized that other teams such as HR or Facility Management would also benefit from the software solution and expanded it to include project templates for general service management.
Jira Service Management Reporting
To ensure customer satisfaction, it is elementary for service desk teams to measure their performance and identify areas for improvement. Jira Service Management provides standard reports, custom reports, and dashboards to analyze and visualize data.
By integrating with Marketplace apps such as Report Builder for Jira, support teams can further improve their data visualization and reporting. Overall, Jira Service Management reports play a critical role in optimizing customer support and identifying areas for improvement.
If you want to learn more in-depth about JSM reporting and unique ITSM reports, then it’s worth taking a look at this article: Successful Jira Service Management Reporting with Examples.
Benefits of Jira Service Management
Jira Service Management offers a variety of benefits for businesses and support teams:
- Efficient service delivery: Jira Service Management enables organizations to optimize their service delivery. It provides a centralized platform for capturing, prioritizing, and resolving service requests to accelerate the support process and increase efficiency.
- Improved customer satisfaction: by handling service requests quickly and effectively, companies can increase customer satisfaction. Jira Service Management provides self-service options for end users and enables the definition and monitoring of service level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that customer requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Better collaboration: Jira Service Management fosters collaboration between support teams, development teams and other departments. Integration with other Atlassian tools such as Jira Software and Confluence enables seamless information sharing and improved collaboration in resolving issues.
- Comprehensive reporting and analytics: Jira Service Management provides powerful reporting and analytics capabilities to gain insight into service operations.
- Flexibility and Customizability: Jira Service Management can be customized to meet the specific needs of an organization. It allows the creation of custom workflows, forms, fields, and automation rules.
- Scalability: Jira Service Management provides the ability to adjust the number of agents, service capacity, and integrations with other systems as requirements grow.
Incident Management with JSM
Jira Service Management (JSM) offers comprehensive incident management capabilities, providing robust features to effectively handle and resolve incidents. With JSM, you can efficiently identify critical incidents and promptly notify the relevant teams or individuals, ensuring swift action and minimizing disruptions. While JSM can operate effectively without OpsGenie, the integration of OpsGenie enhances incident management by enabling seamless communication, escalation, tracking, and resolution of incidents, resulting in improved response times and enhanced incident handling processes. JSM empowers organizations to effectively manage incidents, ensuring smooth operations and optimal service delivery.
For example, a service desk created with JSM might look like this: