Become an Atlassian Knowledge Champion
- Show all articles ( 51 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 15 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 42 ) Show less articles
What are requirements for Data Residency?
There are several Data Residency requirements that relate to different factors, such as:
- Data protection laws and regulations: there are many local data protection laws and regulations that dictate how organizations must collect, cleanse, process, and store data from citizens or residents of a country. The data residence must ensure that these laws are followed.
- Security: the data residence must be secure and provide protection against unauthorized access, loss, damage, or destruction.
- Accessibility: The data residence must be accessible at all times so that organizations can access and use their data whenever it is needed.
- Scalability: data residency must be able to adapt and grow as the business grows and collects more data.
- Cost: Companies need to consider the cost of storing their data in the data residency.
It is important that companies store their data in a secure location that meets all of the above requirements to ensure that their data is protected.