Become an Atlassian Knowledge Champion
- Show all articles ( 51 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 15 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 42 ) Show less articles
Jira system fields and their meaning
Jira has some predefined fields that you can select when creating a ticket. Since you cannot remove them from the system, they are called system fields.
Here are the most important system fields explained:
- Assignee: the Jira user who is working on the issue.
- Summary: a short summary of the task
- Description: detailed description of the task
- Reporter: created the task
- Task type: specifies the task type (new feature, bug, etc.)
- Priority: importance compared to the other tickets