Become an Atlassian Knowledge Champion
- Show all articles ( 51 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 15 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 42 ) Show less articles
What are the three levels of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)?
The three levels of the Scaled Agile Framework are: Team Level, Program Level, and Portfolio Level.
Since SAFe version 5.0, these three levels are no longer sufficient and a fourth level has been added.
- Scaled Agile Framework Level 1: Team Level
This SAFe level is about one or more teams working together on something.
- Scaled Agile Framework Level 2: Program Level
The Program Level contains many teams to deliver solutions through what is called an Agile Release Train (ART). An Agile Release Train (ART) typically consists of a group of 50 to 130 people organized into subteams.
- Scaled Agile Framework Level 3: Large Solution Level
At this SAFe level, two or more Agile Release Trains are required. All Agile Release Trains together are referred to as a Solution Train.
- Scaled Agile Framework Level 4: Portfolio Level
At the last SAFe level, the entire company or business unit has already implemented the agile methodology. Consequently, management methods must also be organized with agile practices. Lean budgeting and strategic governance processes come into play.