- Are User Stories Scrum or Agile?
- Can I use Jira software for non-software projects like Marketing or HR?
- Configure statuses and columns in a team-managed Jira project
- Epic Name vs. Epic Link
- How can you share an issue with other users in Jira?
- How do I know if I am a Jira administrator?
- How do team and company managed projects differ?
- How is Jira pronounced?
- How Jira helps in project management?
- How Jira works in Agile?
- How many administrators can Jira have?
- How to add a custom field in Jira
- How to add and customize Jira gadgets?
- How to add watchers in Jira?
- How to configure a company-managed board in Jira?
- How to configure a team-managed project in Jira?
- How to create a Jira ticket
- How to Create an Agile Board in Jira?
- How to create and edit Jira dashboards?
- How to do Advanced Scrum in Jira?
- How to edit custom Jira fields
- How to link Jira issues
- How to share a Jira ticket
- How to track epics in control chart?
- How to Use Epics in Jira?
- Jira – What is story vs. task?
- Jira – who can start the sprint?
- Jira system fields and their meaning
- Send Jira comments as a permalink
- What are company managed projects in Jira?
- What are custom fields in Jira?
- What are different types of Jira reports?
- What are Jira components?
- What are Jira post functions?
- What are Jira Screens?
- What are Jira workflows?
- What are schemes in Jira?
- What are the Jira roles?
- What are the major types of schemes in Jira?
- What do colors in Jira mean?
- What is a gadget in Jira?
- What is a Jira Admin?
- What is a Jira Dashboard?
- What is a Jira Epic?
- What is a Jira Issue or Ticket?
- What is a Jira Story?
- What is a Project in Jira?
- What is a team managed project in Jira?
- What is Burndown Chart in Jira?
- What is cloning an issue in Jira?
- What is Jira Service Management?
- What is Jira Software?
- What is Kanban in Jira software?
- What is labeling in Jira?
- What is the difference between Jira Software and Jira Service Management?
- What is the Jira user directory?
- What is the latest Jira software version?
- What is the role of validators in Jira?
- What is Xray in Jira?
- What requirements are needed to access Jira Application Suite Utilities?
- When to use subtasks?
- Which issue types are moved to the next sprint automatically when you complete a sprint?
- Which Jira permissions are there?
- Who are agents in Jira Service Management?
- Who can create Jira projects?
- Show all articles ( 50 ) Show less articles
- Confluence Attachment macro explained
- Confluence Date macro explained
- Confluence Expand macro explained
- Confluence Info, Tip, and Warning macro explained
- Confluence shortcuts at a glance
- Confluence Table of Contents macro explained
- Confluence table sorting from A to Z
- Confluence: add a subpage
- Confluence: How to delete a page
- Create Jira tickets directly in Confluence
- Filter Confluence tables
- How do I create a template in Confluence?
- How to create a glossary in Confluence?
- How to move a Confluence page to another space?
- Is Confluence a CMS?
- What is a page in Confluence?
- What is a space in Confluence?
- What is Confluence Presenter mode?
- What is Confluence?
- What is the difference between a page and a space in Confluence?
- What is the difference between Jira and Confluence?
- Why use Confluence?
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Show less articles
- Advantages of agile working
- Agile working vs. flexible working
- Difference between program increment and sprint
- How does Scrum work?
- Scrum vs. Kanban
- What are collaboration tools?
- What are story points?
- What are the advantages of asynchronous work?
- What are the key Scrum principles?
- What are the principles of agile project management?
- What are the Scrum Roles?
- What are the three levels of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)?
- What does agile mindset mean?
- What is a Program Increment (PI)?
- What is a stakeholder?
- What is agile marketing?
- What is agile scaling?
- What is agile working?
- What is an Agile Release Train?
- What is an iteration in Agile?
- What is asynchronous working?
- What is Inspect and Adapt (I&A)?
- What is SAFe?
- What is Scrum of Scrums?
- What statement describes the Scaled Agile Framework?
- Show all articles ( 10 ) Show less articles
- Atlassian Data Residency in Germany
- Data controller vs. data processor: What is the difference?
- How do data residency, data sovereignty and data localization differ?
- How does data residency work in the Atlassian Cloud?
- How is customer data encrypted in Atlassian Cloud products?
- IaaS vs. SaaS vs. Paas? How do the types of Cloud computing services differ?
- South Korea’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) – Overview
- Switzerland’s new Federal Act on Data Protection (nFADP)
- The Australian privacy Act 1988
- The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (CDPA)
- Turkey's Law on Personal Data Protection (LPDP)
- What additional programs does Atlassian use to support security?
- What are AWS Availability Zones (AZ)?
- What are AWS certifications?
- What are AWS regions?
- What are requirements for Data Residency?
- What are the advantages of the TADAP framework?
- What does a Data Protection Officer (DPO) do?
- What does anonymization of data mean?
- What does data processing mean?
- What does the Atlassian Cloud platform architecture look like?
- What is a Data Center?
- What is a Data Processing Agreement (DPA)?
- What is a Service Level Agreement (SLA)?
- What is a Transfer Impact Assessment (TIA) (at Atlassian)?
- What is Africa's Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)?
- What is Atlassian Access?
- What is Atlassian's security approach for Cloud?
- What is AWS?
- What is BaFin?
- What is Canada’s Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CPPA)?
- What is CCPA?
- What is Chile’s Law no. 19,628?
- What is Cloud Computing?
- What is data erasure?
- What is data localization?
- What is Data Protection?
- What is data residency?
- What is Data Sovereignty?
- What is Egypt’s Law No. 151?
- What is GDPR?
- What is HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)?
- What is India's Personal Data Protection Bill (PDPB)?
- What is ISO 27001?
- What is Israel’s privacy protection authority?
- What is Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
- What is pseudonymisation/de-identification of data?
- What is the CCPA right to opt-out?
- What is the difference between data protection and data security?
- What is the difference between de-identification/pseudonymization (CCPA) and anonymization (GDPR)?
- What is the Japan Personal Information Protection Act - APPI?
- What is the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (NZPA)?
- What is the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR)?
- What is the Zero Trust security model (at Atlassian)?
- What kind of data should a company absolutely protect or not store in the first place?
- What's wrong with a former employee's name still being in our system?
- Why data security is important in Cloud computing
- Why is data protection important for a company?
- Show all articles ( 43 ) Show less articles
What are Jira workflows?
All Jira projects contain issues that your team can view, edit, and complete in work phases from creation to completion. The path your issues take is called a workflow. Workflows represent the processes within an organization through a set of statuses and transitions. Status refers to the current stage of an issue, such as Opened, In Progress, Resolved, Reopened, and so on. When an issue moves from one status to another, it is referred to as a transition. Workflows are used in Jira to meet various business goals, from handling customer/client service tickets to onboarding a new employee.
Workflows are one of the most powerful features of Jira, as they keep everyone aligned and ensure that deadlines are never missed.
Jira has built-in workflows that you can use without modification or create your own from scratch. You cannot edit built-in workflows, but you can copy them and use that copy as the basis for creating your own workflows.
Another option is to import workflows from Atlassian Marketplace.
But it is important that to access and manage workflows, you must be logged in as a user with Jira admin permissions. Users with project administrator rights are only allowed to edit projects that are not shared with other projects. They have limited editing permissions and can’t create new workflows.
This is what an exemplary workflow looks like: