- Alle Artikel anzeigen ( 51 ) Artikelanzeige reduzieren
- Alle Artikel anzeigen ( 7 ) Artikelanzeige reduzieren
- Alle Artikel anzeigen ( 20 ) Artikelanzeige reduzieren
- Alle Artikel anzeigen ( 42 ) Artikelanzeige reduzieren
What is a Transfer Impact Assessment (TIA) (at Atlassian)?
A Transfer Impact Assessment (TIA) addresses the potential risks to your organization when transferring personally identifiable information (PII) of EU citizens to countries that do not comply with the GDPR. Each party involved in the data transfer fills out a questionnaire.
Under the terms of Clause 14 of the new Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) published by the European Commission in June 2021, TIAs are mandatory and must be redrafted for each new data transfer. The European Data Protection Board (EDPB) offers a detailed guide on how to create TIAs.
A Transfer Impact Assessment must clarify:
- What personal data is being transferred
- Where this data originates
- The purpose and method of the data transfer
- What technical measures exist to protect it in third countries
- Which national laws apply
- How these laws are exercised in practice
Detailed engagement with potential privacy risks enables organizations to develop targeted actions and strategies
Transfer Impact Assessments (TIAs) at Atlassian
Atlassian itself provides guidance for conducting a TIA. This discusses in detail the countries in which Atlassian stores personal data. Atlassian’s regularly updated Transparency Report can also help you better assess risk in the context of a TIA.