- Alle Artikel anzeigen ( 29 ) Artikelanzeige reduzieren
- Alle Artikel anzeigen ( 7 ) Artikelanzeige reduzieren
- Alle Artikel anzeigen ( 10 ) Artikelanzeige reduzieren
- Alle Artikel anzeigen ( 5 ) Artikelanzeige reduzieren
What is CCPA?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) was passed in 2018 to standardize and improve data privacy in California. Like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union, the CCPA applies to any company that stores or processes data of California residents.
The CCPA ensures that affected individuals are informed about their rights to their personal data and have full control over how that data is processed. This includes the right to access, delete, or limit the use of their data.
The CCPA applies to any business that operates in California and meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Annual gross revenues of at least $50 million
- Processes the personal data of at least 50,000 consumers
- Derives at least 50% of its annual revenues from selling personal data
To be able to quickly and automatically delete sensitive data upon request, tools to facilitate automated data deletion can be useful.