- Show all articles ( 51 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 15 ) Show less articles
- Show all articles ( 42 ) Show less articles
What are the Scrum Roles?
Flat hierarchies help in simplifying the project process, yet there are three Scrum roles which help immensely in organizing the Scrum team because they structure the process.
- Product Owner (What?)
- The Product Owner is the client or the customer itself. In the example of a product, the Product Owner would be the product manager who represents the interests of the customer. They manage the backlog and are responsible for planning and organization with the company.
- Scrum Team (How?)
- The Scrum team consists of about two to nine members and organizes itself. It is responsible for ensuring that customers receive a functional product at the end of the sprint. Analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation are all part of the Scrum team’s scope of work.
- Scrum Master (Process)
- During the development process, the Scrum Master acts as a moderator. He or she monitors the sprint progress and communicates changes in the backlog and wishes of the Product Owner to the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring that the rules of the Scrum method are followed.
For more information, see our article on the differences between Scrum, Agile and SAFe.